Pediatric Dental Care
in Cedar Park, TX
Choosing a family dentist to be your primary dental care provider means that everyone in your household can have all of their dental needs taken care of, from babies to grandparents. We recommend that children start visiting the dentist around the time they are one year old. Once your child reaches adolescence and their teen years, we can begin discussing orthodontics and wisdom teeth removal. To schedule an appointment for your child or anyone else in your family, please get in touch with our front office!Request an Appointment
- Routine Cleanings and Exams are important for children of all ages. Biannual exams allow our team to diagnose and treat any issues before they progress and become more difficult to treat. Dental cleanings remove plaque and tartar that has built up between the teeth and around the gumline, reducing your child’s chances of developing tooth decay and gum disease.
- Dental Sealants are clear coatings that are applied over the top of each molar to prevent bacteria from building up in the grooves of the teeth. They are quick and easy to apply, last for many years, are practically invisible, and prevent tooth decay from developing in areas that are hard to reach with a toothbrush, especially for kids.
- Fluoride Treatments involve applying a highly-concentrated fluoride varnish to the teeth, where it must be left to absorb for at least thirty minutes. Fluoride treatments are recommended for kids because they can actually enhance tooth structures and make them stronger, which can help kids have strong, healthy teeth for life. They can even reverse early signs of decay in some cases.
We strive to make pediatric patients’ visits both productive and fun! We offer a variety of kid-friendly amenities at our practice, including:
- Play Area Full of Toys
- Books for All Ages
- Cozy Blankets
- Video Games & Tablets
- Prize Box with Fun Prizes
- Cavity-Free Club
Fostering Generations of Healthy Smiles
At Vista Ridge Family Dentistry, we don’t just provide high-quality dental care for kids of all ages. Our team loves inspiring children to take care of their teeth and gums from a young age so that they grow up to be dental health-conscious adults. By scheduling biannual dental visits for your child, you are helping to familiarize them with dentistry and setting them up for success in the future. Even if they’re not in the cavity-free club every time they visit us, trying your best to help them maintain a healthy smile is what counts!Contact Us
Join Our Healthy Smiles Club!
How to get into the club
When a patient who is 14 or younger gets a check-up (exam and cleaning) and has zero cavities and receives no additional treatments (not including cosmetic or elective treatments), they are eligible.
When a patient who is 14 or younger gets a check-up (exam and cleaning) and has one or more cavities, but they receive treatment for those cavities, they are now eligible to join the healthy smiles club.
Then what happens?
- We make sure we have consent for a photo
- We take a polaroid picture of the club member
- We put the patient’s name, number, and age on the polaroid
- The patient’s bright, shiny smile is added to the healthy smiles wall
How is the winner chosen?
- Drawings are held during the first week of every month. Patients will be entered in the drawing that takes place the following month after their appointment (if the club member visits us in August, their name may be drawn during the September drawing.)
- We will contact the winner using the phone number on the polaroid.
- The healthy smiles club winner will be featured on all of our social media pages and website for the next month.
What can they win?
Our awesome prizes include: Nintendo Switch, Bike, Fire Tablet, Season passes to SeaWorld or Six Flags, Bluetooth Speaker, Toy of choice, Lego set of choice, and more!